Sunday, August 12, 2007

Equal time for B co. 2nd Bn. 501st Inf.

It's hard to believe it's been fifteen years since my first contact with a fellow namvet I served with. In the summer of '92 I got a phone call from 3rd platoon buddy Mark Orr and a few weeks later a letter in my mailbox from Dave Reiheimer. Those two guys finding me literally changed my life but I won't bore you with all that now.

Dave and I went thru basic and AIT together and flew to Vietnam together. He was assigned to B 2/501 and I of course went to A 1/501. We met face to face again at the annual Kokomo reunion in sept 92. Dave was armed with all kinds of valuable info on tracking down old Nam buddies. He has been a major player in locating members of his own unit and B 2/501 has had many successful reunions. Dave recently sent me a couple links concerning thier most recent gathering in Oregon.

Check them out. B 2/501 Reunion News Artical and
The B 2/501 website's 2007 reunion page

There is no way to put a value on good friends like Mark and Dave. I wish all of you the best of luck in finding your old buddies.

Drive on, Joynt

No comments:

Post a Comment